Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FINAL PROJECT

HOW DID YOUR FINAL PROJECTS DIFFER FROM THE INITIAL STOYBOARDS?
My final project was somewhat close to my storyboarding. The contents are the same. The graphics are somewhat different.  I started using Weebly but switch to using Wix.  I could not find a template that worked for me in Weebly. Creating my website in Wix was easy it was all about drag and drop. There were so many templates to choose from compared to Expression. Wix was user friendly compared to Expression which was harder. In expression you had to know codes and I had no prior knowledge of codes so the task was hard and frustrating. I was able to create a photo gallery in Wix but was no able to do so in Expression.

REFLECT ON WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED IN CLASS AND HOW IT WILL HELP YOU IN THE FUTURE
I had never been interested in websites designing before.  I just needed to get some electives done and had to choose between art and website design and I thought that website was the easier of the two.  During the first night of the class I kept wondering if I have made the right choice   I felt so terrified.  But with the help from Michelle I kept to the task. I spend hours, week after week and here I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Having the opportunity to design and develop my own web site was a roller coaster experience.  I have learned so much  
·         Create a blog
·         Saving in JPEGs or GIFs
·         Crop pictures  
·         File Size  
·         HTLM
·         Add links to other pages
·         CRAP Principles  
·         Writing for Web/Usability /Accessibility    
I will now be critical of websites because I know the principle that goes with making a good website.  I will continue to practice developing web pages and perfecting the art. This might motivate me getting into business one day building websites. I love photo shop I am sure that it can be of some advantages to my future business.   I can assure you that all of what I have learned to date will help me when I have established my future business.

No comments:

Post a Comment